Sunday, April 17, 2016

Thyroid Issues

    So most of my family and friends know that I have a Thyroid Issue going on. This has probably been something I have had over time and it has gotten worse and worse. I didn't really know about it until a couple of years ago when I got a blood test, and my Thyroid Levels were crazy!
    Then I had some sort of Scan done on my body and it showed that I had 2 masses on my Thyroid. So I had to start having Biopsy done on my Thyroid every 6 months. Let me tell you, having needles stuck into your neck is surely not a fun way to spend an afternoon. Usually i have to get stuck 10 times in my neck. The last Biopsy I had came back suspicious for Cancer. So I am waiting to have surgery to get my entire Thyroid removed and see if it is Cancer and then see what my next option is.
    I just kind of want to let people know how I feel and what I have to go through with having Thyroid Issues. I have always had weight issues since I hit puberty. It doesn't help that I take after my Dad's side of the family, who are all "Big Boned People". Yes, I know I am extremely over weight. What people don't see or understand is that...I don't eat a lot. What I do eat is pretty much healthy stuff. I can eat Chicken, fruit and veggies, drink a ton of water and workout everyday. I will still end up gaining weight and not losing. 
   I wish people would give me the benefit of the doubt and be like.."Maybe there is a reason why this Overweight person, is overweight." People think it's so easy to just diet and exercise and lose weight. My family (Mom and sister) see me struggle with this for years now and they can't even understand it. I just hate the perception that people have of me. Thinking that I am just a fat slob of a person that doesn't do anything. It doesn't help that I am tired all the time from the Thyroid Issues.
   Sometimes you just need to put yourself in that person's shoes and realize that not everything is quite as easy for you as it would be for another person and we don't know what people have going on or what people have to go through. I can't tell you how many times I have cried and cried because of my weight and it's like no matter what I do...It doesn't matter. It is so frustrating to want your body to do something and it says Nope, we are not going to be doing that any time soon. 
   All I can hope is that I get to have my surgery soon to get my Thyroid removed and maybe then it will be easier for me to lose my weight.
   Just remember to be kind to one another and try to understand what everyone goes through. Just cause someone looks a certain way doesn't mean that they wanna be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment